Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Background Music To My Favorite Odyssey Scene

My favorite scene from the Odyssey was Book 22: Slaughter in the Hall. I like this scene the most because it is a great action scene and because this is when Odysseus arrives home and confronts the suitors. It is sort of how the happy ending starts. During this scene the suitors are trying to win a arrow shooting contest, so they can be the king of Ithaca and Penelope's husband. No one can even string the arrow, except the old beggar which is really Odysseus in disguise. The doors to the room then shut and Odysseus shoots the bow throw all 12 axes. Then his disguise is removed and the suitors realize who he is. That is where Odysseus and Telemachus start to kill all of the suitors and try to retake his home from the suitors.

I like this scene the most because it is the best action scene in the book, and it's the most goriest. I can't really relate to this scene because I never had to fight suitors off of my land. I just chose this scene because of how action-packed and intense it was. This scene is inspiring to me because it shows Odysseus standing up for his land and home and killing all of the men who had tried to take it over because they thought he would never return home from his voyage to Troy. Everyone had counted on Odysseus to never return and he finally came home and took control of his kingdom.

A song that I would use to go with this scene would be like a hard metal song. I would use a song from Mudvayne called "The End of All Things to Come". I would use this song because it has a hard rock beat that would go good with a gory murder scene. Also the song talks about killing everything, which is sort of how Odysseus looks at the suitors. The link to the lyrics is, http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-end-of-all-things-to-come-lyrics-mudvayne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment