Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blogging About Anything

It was the begining of July 2003, when I was leaving my house to go to the shore with my Dad and there was a cop at the house next to me looking around the yard. I noticed that it was my old D.A.R.E, so we stopped to say hello. Officer Pratt came over to the car and started to say that the neighbor's girlfriend had went missing and her car was found in an unfamiliar ampartment complex. He also showed my dad and I that the garage door was opened about 2 inches and there were flies going in and out of the garage. My dad made a joking remark, "What? Do you think there are dead bodies in there?" The cop turned back and said, "I hope not." I will never forget the look of fear and nervousness as he walked back towards the house.

My dad and I left for the shore and let Officer Pratt finish what he was doing. When me and my dad finally arrived at the shore my mom called. She was in tears and told me that the whole family was dead next door. We hurried back home and it looked like a festival out front of my house. News reporters were recording on my front lawn and it seemed like the whole neighborhood was on my street. The father had killed both of his children, his girlfriend, and himself. The daughter was found badly decomposed tucked in her bed, but the cause of her death was unknown. The girldfriend was found stuffed between the washer and dryer and had been beaten to death with a baseball bat. As for the father and son, the police found them in the car dead of carbon-monoxide poisoning along with pitcures of the father and kids and a six page sucide note. After all the commotion was over there was still a cop that had to watch the property over-night to make sure no one stepped onto the scene. My dad and I stayed up with him and kept him company. Ever since that day it is weird to look at neighbors the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment